Friday, November 2, 2007

I'm too old...

Every evening Logan and I play "ball" in the den. I sit on the edge of Larry's chair, Logan sits on the steps and then we bounce the basketballs back and forth to each other. I actually enjoy it myself! But, sometimes the ball gets away from me and anyone that knows me knows that I have difficulty standing up as my hip and leg "catch" and it takes me a while. It's all due to sciatica and I've lived with this for years...
Well, tonight Logan bounced the ball towards me and it hit the corner of the coffee table and bounced across the room. I attempted to get up and retrieve it when pain stabbed through my hip and leg and I couldn't catch my breath or even get up. Logan immediately saw I was in distress and jumped up, running after tha ball and said, "Mommy, you're too old to get up! Sit there and I'll get it 'cause I'm not old like you." After he got the ball he came back to me, kissed me on the forehead and told me sadly, "You are just too old, Mommy. Just sit there and be old and I'll get the ball for you."
I was so tickled all I could do was giggle and cry:)
I used to be just TIRED. Now I'm TIRED and OLD!!! But I sure do love Logan and his childish innocense and honesty!

No comments: